Sunday, January 16, 2011

DAY 7 - One Step at a Time

Well... week one down! And, I made it!!!

Today was a good day. No weight loss, but still feeling pretty good :) I "cheated" a little, and took a few quick measurements... I was in need of a little positive reinforcement... and the results were promising. Holding off reporting until day 10. But things look good peeps!

I think one of the main reasons I am lagging some of the other TAMers in week one is that I think a big part of the initial weight loss comes from the "shock" of eating a very low carb diet. This is something I have been practicing for over 3 years. I could be wrong... or reaching... but that is my theory. LOL.

Had a nice day today. Woke up around 9 (woo!):
Breakfast - Mushroom omelet (great), and tried Tracy's beloved kombucha*. While it wasn't my favorite drink in the world, I didn't hate it. Given all of its health benefits I'm willing to have a glass every now and again:

*Kombucha is a fermented tea that is often drunk for medicinal purposes. Kombucha has been shown to be antimicrobial, anticancer, to have liver protective qualities, and to be antioxidative. Proponents also commonly claim kombucha increases energy, sharpens eyesight, aids joint recovery, improves skin elasticity, aids digestion, and improves experience with foods that 'stick' going down such as rice or pasta although these claims are unverified.

After breakfast, and some chores I Worked IT OUT - 40 reps + 60 mins cardio - Took about 2:30. Not sure if I was moving especially slow (the abs did feel like it went on foreverrr) or if I miscounted yesterday... Hmmm.... Anyways! It's done. I have been following the video, by playing it on "slow" which tends to coordinate nicely with how long it takes me to do each series. I also keep the book open to the coordinating page (which is sometimes tricky bc they don't always match up... tisk tisk Team TA!) anyways... every day I have a few Ah-ha! moments, where I realize I can actually improve my form. Today, while trying to perfect one of my least favorite moves - "frog cross leg lift" - I actually found a way to make it even more challenging... sigh... but I did it! Happy that there are only 3 more days of this series.... on another note, I am pretty sick of the cardio sequences. Not good, only 7 days in. 23 more to go. But they are soooo repetitive!! I think its especially tough when doing 60 mins, and essentially doing the same 10 min sequence over 6X. Anyone else?? But - BY THE BOOK means cardio BY THE BOOK. I will not stray.

Lunch today baked chicken (4oz) with broccoli. It was good, but honestly I was still hungry when I finished :( That hasn't really happened to me yet. I am finding the food very sufficient in fact. So I had my snack immediately after lunch. LOL  I actually didn't have enough cucumber, so I made a melon snack intended (intended for for tomorrow)... SO tomorrow I will choke down the cucumber mint delight (sarcasm anyone?)

Went grocery shopping tonight, and actually made it out of the grocery store spending wayyy less money in way less time! Woo! I'm learning :) Or... I forgot tons of stuff. LOL Thank God for Whole Foods. That's all :)
 
Dinner was the salmon/endive salad, which is pretty good (although will not likely make it on the post-BC menu), and some carrots. Not my fav overall, but a very satiating meal.

I am clearly distracted while writing this blog tonight. Trying to plan some vaca, and watching the Golden Globes and sizing up everyones arms (seriously?!) and the dresses!! So far, loving Anne Hathaway (killer look compliments of Ms Zoe), Angelina (I'm sorry to say, but that green is AH-MAZING on her), and Claire Danes (not a fan of her... just the dress).

Thankful tomorrow is a holiday, really loving this relaxing 3 day weekend. Just the rejuvenation I need before an insane week ahead. Good night y'all!

1 week down, 23 days remaining... Let's do this!

Xo
Kerri

PS - I'm still feeling a little "snappy".... No meltdowns post-chicken fiasco... But just noting my own snappiness.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for 1 week down!!! wooooo. and stop fretting about your weight loss you freak... let's remember you are 5'2", extremely petite, and don't have much to lose in the 1st place! it's all about how you look and feel (leaner, more toned already I'm sure!)... and how your clothes fit. xoxox. keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete